The Rust team is happy to announce a new version of Rust, 1.35.0.
Relevant announcement for Windows users
The unofficial Chocolatey packages for Rust have been refactored to better take advantage of the package management system. Some of the improvements include:
- Chocolatey package updates now work correctly, instead of installing multiple versions of Rust side-by-side.
- Rust no longer appears in “Add / Remove Programs,” and should be uninstalled through the
- The command line tools now use Chocolatey executable shims, so it doesn’t pollute your path and won’t require any manual tweaks to your system’s environment settings.
- The package now includes Clippy, Miri, Rustfmt, and RLS.
- Documentation and source code is now included.