Announcing FUI - new Rust MVVM GUI Framework

Hello everyone!

For the last 3.5 years I was working on MVVM UI toolkit for Rust. It took me longer than I expected with many rewrites (dead ends - Rust is hard). Finally, I've got something with an API I'm more or less happy with, ui! macro for creating the views and with the basic controls implemented. Now I can start using it in my apps and I wanted to share it with you. Feel free to take a look at it and use it if it meets your needs.

Its unique feature compared to other Rust UI libraries is (thanks to MVVM and binding) better separation of views and models (you don't have to think about when to refresh the view, the observable properties and collections do the job for you).

It's also renderer agnostic (give me events, I'll give you primitives to draw), so can be used also in games and different targets can be written for it.

https://crates.io/crates/fui_core

Best Regards,
Marek

8 Likes

A good one! I like the way checkboxes and radiobuttons are displayed.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. However, I was not putting too much effort for the look yet (evidently margins are missing) as for making the API as user friendly as possible, so I hope it will look much better soon. Personally, I always liked the 3D look of controls. I'm not a huge fan of flat ones :slight_smile:

Well done!!

The radio group is a good example of what I liked: the pushed button is down and kind of flat while others are up - easy to read what is on.