A terminology question: how to call a module without body?


In Rust, there are modules with bodies like mod foo {} and modules without bodies like mod foo;. How should I call them? At the moment, I use terms “inline module” and “module declaration”. Are these terms correct?

@steveklabnik I was expecting to find the answer in the glossary in the Rust book, but it is very skinny at the moment :smile:


“Inline module” sounds fine to me. Maybe “external module” or “imported module” for the other.