A recipe to make RustDT 0.2.2 work in Eclipse
I had some difficulties for installing RustDT with Eclipse so I am sharing the steps I made to make it work. This is an example of something that did work for me.
Here are the requirements that did work for me.
- Debian 8: Jessie Amd64
- Java version: 1.8.0_51
- Eclipse 4.5 build: I20150603-2000 (I have Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers)
Install Eclipse PDE
- Start Eclipse
- Go to Help > Install New Software…
- Choose “All available software” in “Work with” field
- In type filter type “PDE”
- A check box should appear for the PDE plugin. Check it and proceed to the installation.
Install Rust DT
- Go to RustDT/RustDT
- Follow the instruction there up to “Running the tests in Eclipse” exclusively
Go to phildawes/racer, clone the repos and follow the instruction on the page.
Use the Eclipse started the Install Rust DT step.
Go to Window > Preferences > Rust and fill the fields:
- Directory: I have
- Rust ‘src’ Directory: I have
*something*/rustc-1.2.0/srcthis comes from The Rust Programming Language
- Executable: I have
Set a new Rust Project
Now you can set a new Cargo project:
- File > New > Rust Cargo Project
- Fill as needed
- Create a new Launch configuration Run > Run Configuration… > Rust Application and click the New button at the top
Use Build Target Settings
target/debug/testin the field
Now you should be able to launch the application from the Run menu in the toolbar.